Friday 18 February 2011

Facebook games - Cityville - Part 3

OK final part.

I'm going to complete this guide with some straight to the point, um, points:

  • Want boats and a pier? Becoming Mayor allows you to build these, however you will have to complete a whole bunch of quests on the left of the screen before the final task is assigned to you: Gain 1000 population and collect from 30 businesses. After this your pier should become available (I don't know the chain of completed quests required leading up to the mayor one. I could have googled it and added it in but thats taking other peoples work and duplicating it, which isn't what my guides about.

  • Like your buildings your boats can be rotated using the rotate tool. After placing them, turn them 90 degrees, you will find you can fit more on that way!

  • In case you didn't know, you will need to have placed an expansion over a section which contains sea before placing a pier.


  • Storage. When you can, build the 'Sticks' building. It holds slightly more goods per the land it takes up so is better than a barn. I personally like to have a fair few to hold a reserve of goods through dry spells (IE when I'm living my life and not clicking on farmland all the time).

  • The more land you have the easier you will find this game. It's easy to throw away your cityville cash on expansion permits at the start, i know  I did. But please try to get your hands on zoning permits instead. They are obtained from your neighbors, sent as gifts. You can send them also, sadly not to yourself. The more neighbours you have the easier this will be. You can also publish your wish list with permits as the main item. 

  • Fancy selling your soul to progress in this game? Yes? No? Of course you do!! So here's probably the biggest boost you can give yourself - Get yourself onto Facebook, type in the Search Bar something like 'cityville community' and look for a page with over 100,000 members. You'll spot hundreds of people posting in here begging to be your friend so they can become your neighbor in game. Go on, join the ranks of the hopelessly lost and make a few friends. Or better, post on the site that you are an active player and will send daily gifts. A tonne of requests will come through from people wanting to be your neighbor and will send you daily zoning permits and other gifts.

  • How big can the city be? It's a big map. I've only explored about 30% of it from what I've seen on my lvl 63 friend's city (it's insane). So most of us still have a lot of expansion to be getting on with.

I may add to this post, but I don't think I'll be creating a new blog on it. I've said my peace.

At the time of writing this I have a lvl 58 town, am saving for my 3rd tower eats (1,000,000 coin) and almost 4k population.


Rave safe y'all


Andy

1 comment: